Friday 16 March 2012

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED...

HOW YOU WOULD BE REMEMBERED!
(Matthew 25:15)

How I would love to bring a smile to your face every time you click on the link to this page and view its content, or even just the thought of clicking on the link. But you know, we’re dealing with real-life issues and real-life isn’t funny, we only choose to make it so.

Usually, when I write, what I want to achieve is something mind-blowing and earth-shattering (yes, in every piece!) but I have learned that what is important is achieving significance. Every word has to count, make sense and bring about a change, one way or the other, because I know I have invested  my time in a worthy cause that should achieve at least 2 out of these 3 things:

1.      Life-changing (Eternal) values
2.      Benefits to you, and invariably others,
3.      A deep sense of satisfaction to write, share and learn more.

Writing gives me “the high”, (somewhere in the range of also looking and smelling good!) and I believe we all have that one thing we do with our hands or minds that gives you so much pleasure that at the end of each day, you give yourself an emphatic nod and a round of applause, feeling like you’ve really done something. Now, that doesn’t mean you find it extremely EASY and fun to leave your bed and your TV and just get going. We all need that extra nudge and when you think what you stand to accomplish, financially, mentally and otherwise, it might just be enough to move you. People call it “finding your life’s purpose” and looking around you in book stand, you’ll find every nugget and tip under the sun showing you how to recognize and harness your potential for the world good.

This world is going to come to an end someday, so what’s the point, right? After all who’ll be left behind to remember you? I agree with you o, and I do think it too. But guess what would have happened if any of the apostles of old had fed on that thought. Can you also imagine what would have happened if our parents had just done their jobs of birthing us, and stopping it right there? While some of us can cry “foul” on our parents, mentors, guardians, counselors, pastors, friends etc most of them did as much as they knew how, and you should do same. There’s no competition; it’s about just giving what you have inside of you. It’s not to be stored away in some box. It is for posterity. Personally, I believe that if God didn’t have a purpose of me being here, I wouldn’t even have been born; talk more of being alive today. (Consider the ants; No insecticide can wipe them away simply because they have a purpose!) Therefore, o man, thou art without excuse; not your inept parents or your pervert guardian neither poverty nor witches (and wizards, talk for another day!) Maybe laziness would make the cut!

But anything you like do, you do have something to give and the world is waiting on you! You may feel what you have to offer is nothing new, but the fact that YOU DID IT makes it new and special. It may take you a long time to get moving (like me!) but it doesn’t have to take forever o, so make each moment count!

7 comments:

  1. Hmmmm (is my favorite word cos it helps me process my thots.) Mary,...Ethereal...Outrageous...Serious!!! However, WELLDONE...one step at a time but the first one is the most important which you have taken. Keep it coming as I am up for the HUMOR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARY, MARY....CONGRATS

    THIS IS A GOOD BEGINNING AND I PROMISE TO MONITOR ITS GROWTH. FOR STARTERS, TAKE A BOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elevated for vantage viewing...periscoping! Top centre frame. Na me be dat. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How would Mary Remember me? Lol, nice way to start and Im surely gonna embelish your articles with meaningful mischief and potent quotes. Kudos my dear and let this be the spring board to greater heights. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay Mary i finally got here and i gotta say am fascinated by what i have seen......am eagerly awaiting the arrival of more write ups that have a dash of humor in every serious issue..... who am i deceiving? am not a poet.... Mary kudos. looking forward to more

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the 'quality' of my comment will not dull the talent Mary has strewn over this page. Quite impressed, not surprised! I know she's been a fully made person for this enterprise. To have this for a start says it all: THE AMAZONS ARE HERE!It's just time to pay her back for ever being Mary, 'our mother of pure writing'!

    ReplyDelete